Autumn is such a lovely time of the year and with Thanksgiving quickly approaching, I thought I would show you a beautiful way to dress up a candle for your table centerpiece.
You will need:
- Wonderfilm (P K Glitz)
- Glitter: Autumn Colors (P K Glitz)
- Goat Hair Brush (P K Glitz)
- Spoon (P K Glitz)
- Leaf Punch
- Decorative Stem
- Punch leaves from your Wonderfilm, or you can use your Silhouette or other die cutting machine to cut out your shape.
- Peel off adhesive backing and place onto your candle
- Remove top adhesive covering off of your first shape
- With your spoon, sprinkle P K Glitz glitter in various colors onto your shape
- Brush off excess glitter using your goat hair brush.
- Continue this process with each shape, trying to keep as much of the glitter on the WonderFilm and away from the candle itself.
- If you have glitter that needs to be removed from the candle you can try using a damp cloth or rinsing it under cool water.
This candle is for decorative purposes only and should not be burned.Right now at Dixie Pieces, we have some great challenges going on with a fabulous prize package that will go to one lucky winner. The Candle tutorial I just showed you is one of the challenges only you don’t have to use glitter at all! All you have to do is just alter a candle for the holidays and then check out my Tammy’s Altered Candle Challenge for the details.
Maybe you are more of a cardmaker; well, I have a challenge for that as well. It is my Technique Challenge. Remember not too long ago I showed you a tutorial on how to use Ritzy Ditzy Glitz ? Now you can use what I taught you on that video and create a great background for a Thanksgiving card or just an all occasion card.
To see all of the rest of the November challenges visit the Dixie Pieces November Challenge forum.
Hope to see you there!