As most of you know, I am not much into Jack-o-lanterns and scary goblins, but I do like pumpkins. Whether you make them into a pie, or cookies, or home décor, pumpkins symbolize fall.
Here is a fun little decoration to add to your Fall décor. It can be customized to your color scheme along with any theme. The possibilities are endless with this project.
I must have been having too much fun making this project because I did not get all of the step-by-step pictures for this project. Sorry. If you have questions, please leave a message in the comments or email me and I will try to help.
- Cover one side of pumpkin with patterned paper and the other side with WonderFilm
- Remove WonderFilm and apply Pumpkin Embossing Powder to the body and Gilded Grape Leaf to the stem
(I used an Xacto knife to cut the WonderFilm so that I could remove only parts that I wanted to color at the time)
- With a stylus you can draw pumpkin lines and then apply E P Max Pumpkin to fill in the lines.
- Heat embossing powder with heat tool
- Cut letters from WonderFilm and patterned paper; on embossed side apply WonderFilm then add paper letter before adding the E P Max Black;
- On patterned paper side, apply embossing ink to edges and add E P Lite Pumpkin; heat set
- Apply WonderFilm letter to patterned paper; remove covering and add second letter on top but do not remove top covering. Apply E P Max to cover the background letter then remove center letter covering and apply E P Max Pumpkin. Heat set
If you would like to make the leaves that go in between each pumpkin then you will need coordinating glitter glitz colors.
- Cut leaves from Leaf Border Acetate and apply to WonderFilm
- Remove backing and sprinkle coordinating glitters onto the WonderFilm
- Cut out each leaf
- Cut out a second set of leaves and apply to WonderFilm but do not glitter.
- Cut out each leaf and remove WonderFilm backing
- Sandwich between the fishing line
- Powder Keg Embossing Powder: Pumpkin, Gilded Grape Leaf (P K Glitz)
- E P Max: Pumpkin, Black (P K Glitz)
- E P Lite: Pumpkin (P K Glitz)
- Glitter: various fall colors (P K Glitz)
- Art Acetate: Fall Leaf Border (P K Glitz)
- Anti Static Brush (P K Glitz)
- WonderFilm (P K Glitz)
- Embossing Ink (P K Glitz)
- Heat Tool (P K Glitz)
- Wood Pumpkins
- Fishing Line
What do you think?
Are you ready to make your own Pumpkin Banner?