I love to find ways to display pictures that are non-traditional.
When I came across this idea from Heidi Swapp on how to display my Instagram pictures, I knew it would be a keeper.
- Remove the rope hanger from the top of the birdhouse then apply a base coat of paint to the entire project.
- Cut patterned paper in to strips and ink the edges of each piece.
- Apply sticky tape to the edges of the birdhouse
- Cut pieces of WonderFilm to cover the entire birdhouse
- Apply WonderFilm to one side of the birdhouse and begin adding strips of patterned paper
- Continue until all sides are complete
- Apply WonderFilm to roof of birdhouse
- Add patterned paper to the peak of the roof
- Cut the dowel rod to the length that you will need then glue in to the hole that is left from removing the rope hanger.
- Apply moss to each of the roof sides and sprinkle with Crystal Moon Dust
- Remove the paper covering from the Sticky Tape and apply a coordinating glitter color (I used Squash Blossom)
- Apply liquid glue along the base edge of the birdhouse and add bird seed
- Cover your chipboard heart with embossing ink and emboss with Chinese Firecracker
- Apply additional embossing ink with a sea sponge by just "pouncing" and emboss with Wine.
- Apply liquid glue to the back of the heart and adhere to the top of the roof.
- Glue large clip to the top of the dowel rod.
You could also use this to hold recipes, notes, shopping list, or just about anything you wanted.
Some of the products I used in this project:
This project is linked to some of these places I visit.