|This post is sponsored by Poppy Hill Designs and Dazzling Reflections Software|
I have known Wendy from Poppy Hill Designs for several years now. In fact, we actually met in California at a scrapbook show. She was eyeing up the P K Glitz booth (where I was working) and we were eyeing up her booth and both of us were thinking the same thing...
"Our products are a perfect match!"
And a perfect match they are! The Dazzling Reflections software transforms your everyday photos into beautiful Kaleidoscope images that you can use in on your scrapbook pages, cards, and home decor items.
The following tutorial shows how to create this basket in the Dazzling Reflections Software. If you have the Silhouette Cameo or Portrait, I will then show you how to convert the image into a print and cut file.
Visit the Poppy Hill Designs Craft Ideas page to download a PDF version of the tutorial
and also the Silhouette cutting file.
How to assemble the Dazzling Butterfly Basket:
- Cutting by Hand: Use your printer to print the image onto cardstock, then cut out with scissors. Silhouette cutting machine: Use the print and cut feature of the software to print and cut your image.
- Cutting by Hand: Cut an image from Sticky Paper that is slightly large than your printed image. Silhouette cutting machine: Cut the background layer from Sticky Paper.
- Remove the backing from the Sticky Paper and place the printed image in the center so you have a nice edge around the image. Add either Crystal Moon Dust or Crystal Glitter Glitz to the areas that are sticky.
- Now your entire piece should have lots of glitz and glam in the cut out sections.
- Add Sticky Tape to the top edges of each of the butterflies.
- Remove the covering and line up both edges making sure you are folding the score lines as you go along. (If you are cutting this by hand, make sure to score a square on the bottom of your box first)
- Use a small jar for the "vase". I used an empty .25 ounce Glitter Glitz jar from P K Glitz but you can use whatever you have.
- Place the jar in the bottom of the basket. If you want it to be permanent then place a piece of Sticky Tape to the bottom of the jar to hold it in place.
Note: If you want this to have handles then punch small holes in the top corner of each wing. Run Bakers Twine, small ribbon, or craft wire through the holes, gather at the top and tie in a knot. This also helps to hold the box together more securely.
Poppy Hill Designs is having a store wide SALE - 20% off your entire order.
Enter "Mother20" in the coupon section and click "apply" to redeem.
The sale ends Monday, May 13, 2013.
This project is linked to some of these places I visit.
Disclaimer: I received no monetary compensation for creating this design nor for writing this post. I did receive both the Dazzling Reflections Software and Butterfly Dreams Template pack for my own personal use along with products from P K Glitz. All opinions expressed are 100% my own.